Flax Seeds / Alsi
Flax Seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids that disrupt the growth of cancer cells. Furthermore, it helps in reducing cholesterol, blood pressure and helps protect against radiation. Consuming ground flaxseeds enables the body to absorb the nutrients more effectively.
Flax Seeds / Alsi Benefits
• Flax seeds are loaded with nutrients
• Flax seeds are high in Omega-3 Fats
• Flax seeds reduce cancer risk
• Flax seeds are rich in dietary fiber
• Flax seeds may improve cholesterol
• Flax seeds may lower blood pressure
• They contain high-quality protein
Sattu (Grinded Grams) / India’s Oldest Instant Food
Sattu or gram flour, an underrated ancient Indian super food, can improve your digestion, increase metabolism, aid weight loss and offer many health benefits.
"Eat it or Drink it, Sour or Sweet it will Energize you and keep you going"
• For thousands of years, it has been the staple food for warriors and monks alike who had to go without proper food for a long time because they were either guarding the monastery or walking treacherous pathways. Sattu’s nourishing quality, travel friendly convenience that eventually made it a favorite food item for monks, messengers and soldiers who would carry out impossible travel missions. Sattu is versatile in nature and can be used to make a variety of dishes - both cooked and uncooked with incredible deliciousness
• Sattu, or gram flour, is a versatile Indian food that has been part of the diet in several parts of the country such as Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal. The flour, which is a mixture of ground pulses and cereals, is loaded with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that can improve health in numerous ways. This nutrient-dense underestimated Indian superfood can improve your digestion, increase metabolism, aid weight loss and offer many health benefits
• Sattu sherbet or sattu drink is a great refreshing summer cooling drink to quench thirst and keep the body hydrated. During winters, sattu can be added to a variety of recipes such as litti, laddoo, stuffing in paranthas etc
• From wrestling akhadas, to desi gymnasiums everywhere a glass of sattu and water is a must after a heavy workout. And why not? Sattu is about 20% protein by weight, and contains calcium, iron, manganese and magnesium—all essentials in tissue repair after a straining workout
• Sattu is one of the highest source of veg protein & easily absorbed by the body
Brown rice is a variety that is un-milled and is considered as a whole grain. This means that it contains all the natural components - the bran, germ and endosperm. The basic difference is that white rice is stripped off the first two layers only to be left with the starchy endosperm. On the other hand, brown rice is obtained by removing the outermost layer of a grain of rice.
GangaGreens packaged brown rice is rich with fiber & has a higher fiber content than white rice. Fiber gives it a high satiety value which helps in keeping you full for longer and therefore brown rice is a great alternative for those who are trying to manage their weight.
Our brown rice also has a low glycemic index (the rate at which the body absorbs sugars). It releases sugar slowly and takes longer to digest. This way it helps in regulating the metabolism and maintaining steady blood sugar levels. Studies have shown that brown rice helps in reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes. Brown rice is also a great source of manganese which makes it heart friendly.